Tuesday 21 July 2009

My Spotters

I've wanted to write since I was 13 years old. I've wanted to express myself in any way I could since way before that, but writing, and more specifically movie scripts, probably 13 or 14.

It was at that age that I wrote my first script - a feature film called 'Young Offender'. Pathetic title, I know. It was about a kid who runs away from home in an attempt to find his real Dad and befriends a homeless man along the way. They become friends and it turns out the tramp lost a son and to cut a long story short they find what they were both looking for in each other. Touching.

It's been 4 years since I finished my degree in 'Writing'. Just after I graduated I started a new script and have been working on it ever since. And I am determined to make the most of my remaining time here in Langley to get it finally done.

That is why I have told Laura and Paul that if I don't reach my writing quota each day, they can kick me out onto the street. So I have been doing my morning writing in a place called 'Porters' - old school tea house place - and my afternoon writing in a place called 'Wired Monk' - bit more trendy and harder to get work done as they have a guitar that anyone can pick up and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment