Wednesday 17 June 2009

The Rexville Men

Slept for as long as I could but still woke up at 7am.

Trimmed the stubble, showered the body, brushed the teeth and powered the feet (in a new burst to vanish muchos skank).

Gracie recommended a little petrol stop/tea house a short walk from the house called 'Rexville', so I decided to take my book ('The Ghost' by Robert Harris - READ IT!) and check it out.

Ordered an 'English Breakfast' and found a table in-between half a dozen Rexville regulars. The community was amazing, and men here don't have a problem with sharing their feelings as much as they do back in England. The best example of this came half-way through my 2 hours there...just as I was nearing the end of my chapter, the shop owner burst out...

'OH DANG IT! He's gone and done it again! Billy....BILLY!!!!'

The whole group headed outside to discover that 'Billy' had driven away without removing the petrol pump from his car.

It ripped it clean off.

2 comments:

  1. How does one go about "powering" the feet?

    Glad to hear you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read The Ghost (sorry to be a geek!). Read it when I was in bed recovering from Glandular Fever.

    Keep these blogs a-cummin!

    This is Rob btw, writing as my politico-geek-blog name, Edison Smith.

    ReplyDelete