Monday 22 June 2009

Coldplay and Starbucks' Deaf Mute

Paul surprised me on Friday afternoon with a couple of tickets to watch Coldplay for Sunday night. So we went with a group from his church and had a really soft-rocking good night.

Wanted to explore a bit of the Langley life, so borrowed a map and went a-walking. I like to walk. I'm pretty good at it. But I completely misjudged the scale of the map and the size of the roads over here and, I crap you not, almost passed-out 30 minutes ago. If it wasn't for the life-saving nourishment of the subway foot-long I wolfed down, I don't think I would have made it.

I'm now in a Starbucks where I was just served by a deaf-mute girl. I had to write down what I wanted! But, you know what, I think she's faking it. Maybe she doesn't like the sound of her voice. She looks like an ordinary 22 year-old, but I bet she actually has a voice like Barry White...or maybe Yoda...or perhaps Chewbacca! Imagine that!....

ME: Hi there...how much is a mug of English Breakfast over here?
DM GIRL: ARRRGHGHHHHHH ARRRRGGHHHHHHH ARAAAAARRRRRRGHHH!!!!!
ME:...............marry me!

1 comment: