Friday 7 August 2009

Taglines

I had to blog about this thing I saw today.

Everywhere you look in London, you will see advertisements for the latest movies being shown in cinemas across the capital. These movies will always have a picture of the star, the title of the film in BIG PRINT, and then at the bottom you will have a tag line describing the film in a snappy short sentence.

Nothing makes my blood curdle more than tag lines. Not just because they shorten a two hour experience into a 10 word sentence to cater for the world's decreasing attention span, but because 90 per-cent of the one's I read are so ludicrously uncreative, I wonder if the marketing company have a dribbling Labrador locked away in a darkened room that they bring out whenever it's time to write a new one.

But the one I read today surely has to be the worst in the long and glorious history of cinema. It's for the new G.I. Joe movie.

Get ready...

Here we go...

'When all else fails....they won't'


What. The hell. Is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment