Saturday 1 August 2009

Blighty

I flew back into Gatwick yesterday morning and have felt very depressed ever since.

All of yesterday I was under the heavy weight of the holiday blues and have been evaluating the decision I made four years ago to move to London. Is this a city/country/world for the optimist?

I was about to throw in the towel on the whole idea until I saw something yesterday that offered me a glimmer of hope.

Just as I was arriving at Kilburn Station, something in my peripheral snapped me out of a daydream and turned my head. A man was standing in front of a lady offering her a tissue. The lady accepted the gift and it was then that I realised that she had been crying and did not know this guy at all. The guy asked if there was anything else he could do. She politely declined and the man returned to his seat.

A simple act of love that may actually keep me here.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this post. I read it and it motivated me to do a little thing in the 'love' department too.

    It's like a chain! And it's much more fun to spread than swine flu...

    ReplyDelete